Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Why, Oh Why, Do I Want to Subject Myself to a Blog?

Why am I doing this? I am not a "public" person. Basically, I like my privacy, I don’t mingle at get-togethers, I am usually described as “kind of quiet, and keeps to himself,” and I think it was a good 3 or 4 months before I learned who all of my neighbors are. So why am I doing this? Well…..

I am overweight. I’m taking a cue from the
Fat Cyclist and posting my desire to lose weight where my friends and family (or any other unfortunate web-surfing soul) will be able to see it. With any luck, I can shame myself out of a few pounds. (Speaking of Fat Cyclist, take a look at his site. He’s going through a very difficult time, but making the most out of it by doing some great stuff with fundraising for the Lance Armstrong Foundation. A very admirable effort from an admirable man.)

I like to ride my bike and I like to talk about it. As I mentioned, I don’t have many people I open up to. I commend my wife for listening to my riding stories for as long as she has. I like road biking and love mountain biking. I don’t have nearly as much time as I would like to ride, and when I do, I try to get as much out of each ride as I can.

I am not good at keeping in touch with family and friends. I’m a really good “Hey, whatever happened to…” candidate. I’m hoping this blog will let those that are interested know what is going on.

The way I see it, is the continued success of this project depends on two things. First is that I keep up with it. No one will read it if there’s nothing to read. Second, people have to read it. I won’t post unless there’s someone out there willing to waste a few minutes of their life listening to me rant. So, if you are out there, let me know how this is going…

No comments:

Post a Comment